Here are the top five finishers in the caption contest from the other day:
5. Dr. Escargot longed for the blissful summer swamp days spent with his beloved Shelley. Having forgiven that salt block, today he is at peace. – berimbauone
4. As he grew older, Jar Jar would often stare into the mirror and sadly reflect on what a douche he was as a youngster. – spdracerx
3. Prof. Ramirez was always very particular about spelling & punctuation, though the family never did celebrate his achievements publicly. – portorock
2. Unbeknownst to his peers, Oscar Wilde secretly imagined his characters as anthropomorphized gastropods. – atsween
And the winner is:
1. After the war no one paid any attention to Winston’s shortcomings. He was a hero now. – dig-the-cat
Congrats, DG. Your Field Notes gift pack is in the mail.